Last week I wrote about the exercise you should stop. This week, let’s discuss an exercise you should add for an immediate increase in power.
If you want:
- More distance from the tees
- Better power in your stride
- To get past the sticking point in your squat
Here is your exercise:
- First, be sure you can do a proper hip hinge, and choose an appropriate weight (don’t go overboard, technique is important)
- This is not a squat, you must hinge at your hips and stick your butt back
- Address and grasp the KB
- The first movement is to swing under your legs
- Then explode through your hips driving the KB up into the swing, clinching your glutes at the end
- Do not use your arms, this is not a shoulder exercise
Try these in addition to your normal routine 2 sets of 20 reps
Muscles Used (According to Bret Contreras)
Here is Ann Wendel, PT, ATC, CMTPT with a great explanation.
Good luck, enjoy.